Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful for the weather.  That’s right, just the weather.  I am thankful for the sunny and warm days that make the cold days more bearable.  And I am thankful for cold and rainy/snowy weather that make sunny days more special.

Winter is fast approaching us here in the windy city.  Yesterday as I was on my way to work, I saw some snow flurries mixed in with the rain.  And it was COLD.  I had mixed feelings.  There is something exciting about the first snow fall of the year.  But part of me is not entirely prepared for the five or more months of winter that is coming our way.

But I am thankful for the colder weather.  I feel like when the weather is really cold for days at a time and then there is one sunny day in the mix, it makes the cold weather worth it.

No comments: