Monday, October 10, 2011

Monthly Movie Date

Hubby and I are very busy.  Okay, it's mostly him.  He has the fun task of balancing his law school, ROTC and drill schedules while also finding some time to spend with me.  I can't really complain.  I only work part time and the rest of my time is mine to do what I please.  But because we don't have a lot of time to spend together, our weekly date nights are sacred.  It doesn't matter if it's on Friday or Saturday, we have it every week without fail (unless hubby is out of town.)

Once a month, we go to the movies for our date.  This month it was my turn to choose the movie we saw.  I was debating between Dolphin Tale and Contagion.  The story of Dolphin Tale was really interesting to me and I love feel good, inspirational stories but ultimately, my love for epidemiology and my former desire to work for the CDC or the WHO was too much for me so Contagion won out.

Hubby was worried that it would be too scary for me but after much convincing, we saw Contagion.  I LOVED it!  It awoke the passion I once had on the subject while I was in school dreaming of going to graduate school and becoming an epidemiologist.  I highly recommend this film for anyone who isn't paranoid about germs (because you will question everything you touch and wonder who touched it before).

No comments: