Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Life Update

I haven't been doing a good job at documenting what we've been up to lately.  So here's an update of what we've been doing in the last 2 1/2 months.

On April 20th, my friend M threw me an awesome baby shower.  We played a couple of games, ate some yummy crepes and Baby Girl got some much needed items.  I didn't get any pictures that day because I just didn't even think about breaking out the camera.

The following Monday, April 22nd, was our third wedding anniversary.  It's so hard to believe it's been three years.  Part of me feels like it was just yesterday that we've been married and part of me feels like we've been married for years (in a good way).  He is such a big part of my life now that it's difficult to remember what my life was like without him in it.
Our wedding day: April 22, 2010

Since our anniversary fell on a Monday this year, we decided to celebrate the Friday before since D had school that day.  We went to dinner at our favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican place in the city and then relaxed at home.  On Saturday, after my baby shower, we ran some errands together and somehow- I'm still not sure how- ended up in Ghirardelli's for some ice cream.

On Monday, I babysat my nephew and when I came home, I was too exhausted to make dinner.  So we ended up going to Panera Bread for dinner.  It was my first time eating there and it did not disappoint.  So, in a way, we celebrated our anniversary all weekend long!

We exchanged gifts as well.  Over the past three years, we've gotten in the habit of getting each other gifts that we could do together.  D got me the first season of Psych (D got me hooked on it a few months ago).  I got D a modeling knife and glue and some paints to go with the model airplane I got him for his birthday last year.

On May 1st, we moved apartments.  We had been going back and forth between moving or staying where we were.  But we just couldn't make it work with Baby Girl on the way so we found a slightly larger apartment with a big closet that we're turning into a nursery.  (When you live in the city, it's not unusual for your baby to sleep in a closet.)  We are now completely in our new place and loving it.

Halfway through May, we had our hospital tour.  It was fun to see where I would deliver.  It's a really nice hospital and although I'm still really nervous for childbirth, I'm also excited to get the process started.

We're nearing the end of this pregnancy and to be completely honest, I am ready to be done.  I hit 39 weeks this past Sunday and so far, there haven't really been any signs that she's coming.  There are five days until my due date and I'm almost positive she's going to be late.  I'm trying to be patient but I'm so uncomfortable and tired of waiting for her.  I am more than ready to see her face and hold her in my arms.

My most recent bump picture at 37 weeks (June 2, 2013)

D's been busy with work.  He's working two jobs this summer so he's been very busy.  He also has AT coming up in July that will take him away for two weeks.  It's not a long time but considering that Baby Girl will only be a couple weeks old at the latest, I'm sad that he has to leave.  But I'm looking forward to my mom coming out to visit/help out while he's gone.

Well that's what we've been up to lately.  Hopefully the next update I give we'll no longer be a family of 2.

1 comment:

Alison said...

You look so good! Really! I saw your picture at the bottom and immediately thought, "Wow!" :)