Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Close Call

Let me preface this by saying that my husband is not a bad cook.  He makes some pretty good food   I sometimes call him the "Pancake Man" because he makes awesome pancakes... and waffles.  I, however, have never mastered either.  And those are not the only things he makes.  He is definitely no stranger to the kitchen and I know that when he is in charge of dinner, I know I don't have to worry.  That being said, he has also been the instigator of some close calls in the kitchen.

For example, the other night, I asked him to start browning the meat while I went to the bathroom.  While I was in the other room, I heard a loud noise and a lot of sizzling and the closest word to a swear word that has ever come out of my husband's mouth (he doesn't ever swear).  Now, any normal wife might have run into the kitchen to see what was wrong.  But I guess I'm not a normal wife.  Instead, I took my sweet time, a little frightened at the state I would find when I entered.

When I finally went into the kitchen, I found D wiping up the stove.  Hamburger grease was everywhere.  I asked what happened and if everything was okay.  D smiled sheepishly and told me everything was okay but that he had almost burned the kitchen down- and himself with it- when hamburger grease flew out of the pan as he was breaking up a still frozen chunk.  Luckily, everything was okay, including my husband who managed to only singe off half the hair on his forearm.  At least there were no burns or any trips to the emergency room...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Haha this made me laugh. So glad there was no need for an ER trip. :)