Friday, April 26, 2013

Old School Blogging

I apologize for the long absence.  I have so much to blog about but unfortunately, the charger for my laptop is broken and I haven't had time yet to get another one.  So I have to use D's laptop if I need to do anything on the internet which leaves me with only a little time since he usually has it with him.  It's kind of been nice being unplugged for the last couple weeks, even though I am way behind on blogging.  I'll catch up eventually.

I got this list of questions from Jen from The Adventures Of Our Army Life.  I thought I'd answer them since I don't have access to any of the pictures I need for the posts I need to write.

1. How did your husband pop the question?
Our proposal story still makes me laugh.  It really is quite comical looking back on it even if it wasn't so funny at the time.  I knew he was going to propose eventually, I just didn't know when.  We had already decided to get married a few weeks before and we went ring shopping together so we were just waiting for the ring to come in to the store.  I was even there when the store called him to tell him that the ring had come in.  (He was trying to keep it a secret but I weaseled it out of him.)  Unfortunately, his truck was not running so in order to go pick it up, he had to wait for his roommate to go with him since he didn't want me to know he picked it up.  This led to a few days of badgering on my part for him to go get the ring.  I even threatened to go pick it up myself at one point.  So, one day, I was at work and he texted me and asked if he could take me out to dinner that night.  Of course I said, sure.  He then sent me a text asking me to do my hair and put on makeup (I worked as a nanny so most of the time, my hair was up and I didn't wear makeup to work).  Then I started to get suspicious.  I asked him if he had the ring and he told me no, he just wanted to take me somewhere nice.  I was very disappointed.  That night, I called him while I was driving home and ended up getting mad at him for getting my hopes up and saying that if he really loved me, he'd have found a way to get the ring by that point (I know, it was a little irrational on my part).  When I got home, I decided to take a quick shower.  So I walked into the bathroom and there was hair dye ALL OVER the bathtub.  My roommates had dyed their hair in my bathroom (they had their own) and hadn't cleaned up the mess.  This put me in an even worse mood.  Finally, after cleaning up the bathtub, taking a shower and getting ready, I finally left to pick up D (I had to drive since his truck wasn't working).  His plan before dinner was to take me around town to all the places that meant something to us.  Since we lived in a college town, those places mainly centered around the college.  Unfortunately, there was a basketball game that night so we could not find a parking spot anywhere.  And all this time, we were driving around and he wouldn't tell me what we were doing.  I was already hungry and cranky and getting more so by the minute.  So we ended up driving up the canyon to our spot.  This place was where we would always go if we wanted to talk without any interruptions from roommates.  After talking for a few minutes, he admitted that he had lied to me about not having the ring.  He then pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him.  I have to admit, as I saw him pulling out the ring, I started to feel stupid and I started to laugh.  Needless to say, I wasn't mad anymore.  I said yes and then we went to our favorite restaurant (Zupas) for dinner.

2. What are the three most surprising things about married life?
1.  It doesn't matter how upset I get over something that D does, I still would rather be with him than with anyone else.
2. Even though we're married and know each other really well, we still learn new things about each other almost every day.  It's awesome because we're never bored or run out of things to talk about.
3. I didn't think I could love D anymore than I did on our wedding day.  But, every challenge and trial we have faced together has caused me to love him even more.

3. How did you find out your were pregnant for the first time?
I pretty much just took a pregnancy test on a whim.  I had received three more pregnancy announcements the day before and I was really discouraged.  I wasn't expecting my period for three more days but I decided to test anyway just so I could start the grieving process early so that by the time my period came, hopefully I'd be okay.  I tested, fully expecting a negative.  I put the test on the window sill next to the toilet and then left the bathroom to let it do it's thing.  Probably ten minutes later (maybe longer) I remembered that I had tested and walked back in the bathroom bracing myself for the bad news.  To my disbelief, it was positive.  I just stood there for about five minutes with my mouth open.  Then, I started to cry.

4. How did you choose your first baby's name?
We've had our baby's name picked out for about 2 1/2 years.  (Around the time we started trying.)  We had a boy name and a girl name picked out.  We both enjoy learning about family history.  So one day, we were going through some names on D's side and we came across a name that we both loved.  And it stuck.  Her middle name will be after D's mom who passed away.

5. Describe where you see yourself in 10 years.
D will be out of school and working.  I'm not sure where we'll be or if D will still be a JAG.  But in my mind, we'll be close to settling down in one place where we'll live for the rest of our lives (or until retirement).  Hopefully we'll have a few more kids by then.

6. Describe how you find bliss using words or images.
I find bliss in spending time with my husband.  I find it in thinking about my Baby Girl and preparing for her arrival.  I find it in family time before bed while we're reading stories to our little one and feeling her kick.

No comments: