Friday, March 22, 2013

My Chair

There is a corner in my apartment that I call "My Peaceful Place."  This spot, in between the bed and the window in our room, is a little cramped.  But it doesn't matter to me.  The focal point in this spot is my chair.  D bought me a glider a few months ago because it was one thing that I absolutely had to have for our Baby Girl.  Obviously, it will become even more important once she gets here but even now, I love spending time in it.

It's a special spot for me- one where I go when I'm stressed and need a few minutes to compose myself and think.  It's a place to get away from the cares of the world.  No computers, phones, television are allowed in this spot.  It is a place to think, to meditate, to dream, and to contemplate without interruptions.  It is a place where I can connect with my daughter and to think about how grateful I am to have the chance to be her mom.  In fact, while in this spot, I often write to her and think about the day when she will read it. 

In my chair, I don't have a care in the world.  It's just me and my little family and everything is perfect.


Also, it's been awhile since I've posted a bump pictures so for anyone who likes that kind of thing, here you go.

26 weeks (taken March 17th)
Only 14 weeks left!
Cravings: Cheddar Cheese sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, fruit

2 comments:

Jen said...

That looks like a wonderfully peaceful place. :) Oh and you look great!

Kel-C said...

You're so healthy in your cravings!! I miss you and you look great!!! What a special thing