Friday, February 24, 2012

Five Question Friday

It’s Friday and it’s snowing here in Illinois.  I might have been happy to wake up to snow in December but it’s late enough in the season that every day that doesn’t have snow is a blessing.  But after the winter we’ve had, I really can’t complain.  It hasn’t been too bad.



Welcome to Five Question Friday hosted by Mama M over at My LittleLife.  I hope you enjoy it and then head over yourself to link up.

1. What's your favorite way to spend down time (alone or with a significant other)?
Down time?  What’s that?  Between babysitting in the morning, working in the afternoon, plus getting my Scentsy business off the ground, church, making sure that dinner is on the table when D comes home from law school and making sure that our apartment is semi-decent when people come over, it is rare that I have free time.  But, when I do have a few minutes to myself, I am often found reading a book.  Or watching a movie.

If I’m with D, we like to take walks and catch up.  You see, spare time with each other is even rarer than free time to myself.  Or we like to watch movies.  We’re currently in the process of watching the first four seasons of JAG that we bought at Target last month.

2. Are you the kind of person that wants things more as soon as you know you can't have it?
I used to be.  But I’ve kind of trained myself not to want things unless I know that I can have them.  Like, for instance, the JAG seasons mentioned in #1.  I didn’t want them until I remembered that I had Christmas money leftover that I could use to buy them.

3. If you were given $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy?
I would definitely buy some new clothes.  I would buy a couple dresses from Shabby Apple, a bathing suit from Divinita Sole, and lots and lots of Scentsy.  And some books.  Lots of book.  And maybe a bookshelf to hold all the books so they’re not just stacked in piles in our bedroom like they are right now.

4. Do you ever go out to eat by yourself?
I never go out to eat by myself.  We don’t have very much money in the budget to go out to eat so whenever we do, we make sure we’re together.  

 The same goes for movies.  Movies are a special date night for us so we never go to movies alone or with other people.  We always go with each other.  I’m looking forward to the day when we don’t have to pinch pennies as much as we do now, but, this is the way it’s going to be for the next few years so I might as well get used to it.

5. What company would you want to do a blog review for?
Can I say Shabby Apple?  Or DivinitaSole.  I would love to try out one of their new bathing suits and write a review.  After being an Old Navy/Gap girl for many years, my interests have shifted for the smaller boutiques.  I could do all my shopping at boutiques if they weren’t so darn expensive.  So instead, I wear my clothes out until they have holes and save up my money for one article at a boutique.  But for me, it’s totally worth it!
 
Happy Friday everyone!  Have a great weekend!

No comments: