Monday, December 5, 2011

Confessions of a Champion Sleeper


I admit.  I love to sleep.  And I’m not ashamed to admit it.  I love that moment at the end of a long day when I can crawl into bed and shut my eyes.  When I was younger, I could sleep anytime.  My parents called me the champion sleeper because I would sleep in (when I could), take four hour long naps in the middle of the day and still be able to sleep at night.  Nowadays, I don’t have time for naps during the week.  It’s sad.  So Sunday literally is a day of rest for me.  When I get home from church, I grab a quick lunch (emphasis on quick) and go straight to bed.  Sounds awesome, right?
 
Unfortunately, I’m not as young as I used to be.  I don’t feel old.  But my body has apparently changed.  I am sad to admit that I have discovered something that many people call insomnia.  Yes, my friends, last night as my cute husband was snoozing soundly in the bedroom, I was in the living room, wide awake, looking for the most boring book I could find to try and lull me off to sleep.  This wasn’t an entirely new occurrence.  But it’s finally making sense.  Every Sunday that I take a nap (not even a long nap because Hubby won’t let me sleep for more than an hour) I am up way past midnight wondering why I can’t sleep.  I guess I am no longer the champion sleeper.  Sadly, I’ll have to pass that title on to someone else.

No comments: