Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Thoughts: Learning

 Thursday Thoughts

I have to admit: I had a hard time with this one.  The word learning is such a broad topic that I had a hard time deciding what to write about.  I could write about learning how to be a mother.  I could write about my husband who is learning to be a lawyer.  I could write about how even though I am no longer in school, it's still important for me to keep learning.  And those were only a few options.  But as I thought more about it, I decided to write about my daughter.

Although my daughter is still so new to this world (she's eight weeks) and can't do many things yet, she is constantly learning every minute of her waking hours.  I can see it in her eyes as she looks around when we go for walks.  Her face constantly looks like she's trying to take everything in about this new world where she lives.

Every time she learns something new, I love watching her enjoy her new skill.  She has recently learned how to "talk" and she eagerly shows off her skill by chatting away to the animals on her activity mat, the pictures on the wall, and especially to D and me.  I love how her smile lights up her face every time she discovers something new.  She is a daily reminder to me that life is to be enjoyed and that learning is fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm dropping by from the Thursday Thoughts linky, and I just want to offer my belated congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I hope her life brims equally with joy and learning.