Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Why I Love Working With Children, Part 2


D and I had a pretty laid back Valentine’s Day yesterday.  It was nice in a way to be able to be home together and not be working on separate things, which doesn’t happen nearly as often as we’d like.  We didn’t make much of a fuss about it being Valentine’s Day.  He wrote me a sweet letter and I made some cards for him with the reasons why I love him.  But that was it.  We didn’t get each other gifts and we didn’t make any special plans.
 
But Valentine’s Day was still a nice day for me.  Yesterday was my class V-Day party.  All the cute little girls were dressed all in pink.  All the kids brought fun valentines for their classmates.  And they brought their teachers thoughtful gifts like chocolates and cookies.  They all showered me with compliments and gave me hugs.  But the best part was that I know that it wasn’t the just the day that caused them to be so sweet.  I am so grateful to work with such awesome kids.  I know that I’ve been saying this a lot and I don’t want to beat it into the bush but it seems like life has been knocking me down a lot lately.  Maybe someday I’ll get to the point where I can write about what I’m struggling with but at the moment, it is too personal and too painful.  But even when I am having a hard day, I know that when I get to work, I will always be greeted with hugs and cheers from multiple little people.  They don’t know how much those hugs and compliments mean to me.  True, they all have their moments.  There are days when they drive me crazy.  But I love going to work every day.  And I know that when the day comes when it is time for me to quit, I will miss being an influence in these kid’s lives.

----
 
On a side note, you still have time to shop at my Scentsy launch party which ends on Saturday.  Discover why I love Scentsy so much!  Plus, enjoy 10% off of most products in the fall/winter catalog through the end of February!  https://allisongygi.scentsy.us/Buy/SetupPrompt

No comments: