Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sisters Shopping Trip

H, D and I in December
 
I love having a sister nearby.  Last weekend, D had drill.  While he was gone, H invited me to spend Saturday with her family.  Of course I jumped at the chance.  The day started out with a shopping trip with just H and me.  Although I didn’t buy anything, it was fun just being able to hang out with my big sis.


I’ve also realized why I hate shopping.  Let’s just say it wasn’t just my lack of money that kept me from spending money.  I didn’t see very many things that I would buy even if I could.  I wouldn’t call myself a fashionista in any way, in fact, I don’t really have a “look” for myself.  I just wear what I think looks good on me and not what other people say is the style.

Another thing I have noticed in the last few months is that my shopping interests have changed.  I used to love Gap and Old Navy.  I bought the majority of my clothes at those two stores.  Now, however, if I could spend a lot of money on clothes, I would not go to Gap and Old Navy.  I would shop at smaller boutiques.  I can often find clothes I love at these smaller businesses.  Unfortunately, they are so expensive that I never shop there, either.  Instead, I wear the same clothes for years until they wear out before I buy new clothes.  It’s sad but true.

And you know what?  That’s okay with me.  So what if my clothes are old.  I have more important things to worry about than making sure I am wearing the latest fashions.  I’d rather use my money to save up for a baby and put D through school so that our future is secure.

P.S.  I feel like I’ve been posting about money lately.  I apologize for that.  I guess it’s just been on my mind a lot lately.

1 comment:

Taylor {OurMilitaryHome.com} said...

I am the same exact way with clothes. I don't have many clothes and I wear them out until they have holes (I just threw away my favorite pair of jeans TODAY)! I find it hard to find things that fit right and are comfortable and not TOTALLY frumpy looking. It is also hard to spend money on clothes when on a budget. I totally get it!